Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Technology in EarlyChildhood classrooms


I never really thought about technology for kids as young as 3 and 4. As teachers we need to relieze things are not always like what they were when you were a child. I don't agree that children should be on the computer on a regula basis, but yes children as young and 3 and 4 can use technology better then some of the older generations out there. I have seen four year olds use a computer, but i never really thought about how much a diffrence that is from even just my generation. I do agree with this article that sitting a children infront of a tv all day can ruin some of the skills they need in life, but it doesnt hurt them to use the computer because they can actually learn things from it because many games are active. I think it needs to be the parents responsiblity to control how often a child uses the computer and how much they are on at time. Computers can help out a classroom and enhance but i dont think its the only tool to be used.

Article on tech in early childhood >http://teacher.scholastic.com/professional/bruceperry/using_technology.htm

picture>www.flickr.com/notsogood

No comments: